I am so excited to take a tour through my house room by room. I absolutely love my house and the way that I feel in it. I love having the space, the comfortable home environment and the house to spend time with Ryan.
Now that we are moved it I have been able to get my sewing room unpacked and settled to a point.
I have to say I LOVE my cutting table. Before this I used the same table as my sewing table and never had enough room and I was always bending over to cut the pieces I needed. When I had a lot of cutting to do my back was always hurting from being bent over. Now this high table is great. I don't have to bed over at all and I have plenty of space to spread out any extra material when I have a large piece of material I am working with.
The other window has my two shelving units with all my "goodies" on it. The shelve on the left has three bins on fat quarters all folded the same and put together by colors. There is also a plastic bin that has just packs of charm squares in it. In that bin there are also some random charm squares that are left over from previous projects that I have completed and had extra squares left over. The shelf on the right has all the goodies on extra seam rippers, scissors, needle threaders, already cut pieces for a "scrappy"quilt. And all the fabric store information and coupons.
On the left on the left side of the shelves is a basket filled with just books and patterns. I keep all my patterns together in this basket and all my copied patterns and free patterns are organized neatly into three-ring binders.
This is just a look from one end to the other. In the little corner on the way left are three or four plastic bins. One filled with pre bought kits, one with groups of fat quarters I have picked out over time, one with smaller projects that I want to start working on, one with large pieces of fabric I bought on sale but don't know what I am going to use them for.
I have to say I just love this room! I have my ipod adapter so I plug my ipod in and get music in my room. I sit and sew and have a grand old time. And might I add, right now I currently have 2 sewing machines in my sewing room! I am so excited. I can have more than one project going at a time. I have wedding projects and other projects I must complete so being able to have 2 machines allows me to have one machine set up for one project and one machine for another and so I can work on one project for a while then change to working on a different project without changing all my threads and settings.
No comments:
Post a Comment