Here we share the journey of a couple who has known each other for ever, has started a relationship, married on July 1, 2011 (which we shared with my grandparents 50th anniversary!). Join us as we continue our future together, raise a family, and enjoy all things life has to throw at us!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend getaway!

The weekend after the wedding we went away! So it wasn't the typical "Honeymoon" as we went to Caribou with a bunch of people more to celebrate my grandparents 50th anniversary. They wanted to go somewhere to spend some time and investigate where they hadn't investigated before.

So Ryan and I went up with my grandparents on Thursday and we stopped on the way to get my cousin. Her and I sat in the back with my grandmother for this 5 hour ride. It really wasn't that bad of a ride.


We had to stop at the bakery. Ryan found this bakery when he was up north Moose hunting 2 years ago. We now have to stop there every time we drive by which mostly means in April during the Shop Hop with mom and gram.



I can never get enough pictures of Ryan and I. I know everyone keeps telling me that there is no need take any more but I just have to have as many as I can.





The potato fields looked great. We were hoping for Potato Blossoms but due to a lot of rain up North the Potato fields were a bit behind.



And there was a John Deere Factory up there. They had lots of toys that the boys just had to go look at.



And the views are absolutely amazing you could see for miles.



We did get to see a moose one night.



And another that was running away from us. It was getting dark so he is hard to see.




Dad's jeep looks like it has wings and can fly away. I think mom, dad, Ryan and I just got out of it in a hurry and left all the doors open.


We got called to the rescue


And had to help fix a flat



The girls took Saturday to visit a couple shops of our choosing and we went to a couple quilt stores. Isabella really liked this fabric but her mom wasn't sure about buying it to make a purse. What else are grandparents and cousins for.....Gram and I chipped in and bought the fabric for her to make her own bag.




We met up with the guys to eat lunch here. I just thought the name was cool. "Boondocks Grille"



And Amy got pushed in the pool by mom but Preston looks happy to have her in there with him.


And Isabella was just as happy!




We had a great time with Jimmy,Amy and the Kids along with mom and I hanging out in the pool for an hour before dinner.



We had dinner at Long Lake Sporting it was a very interesting place.


Such a big group!




And some of the group gets ready to head out on Sunday morning while the other part of the group gets ready to ride. Not knowing where we were going to stay the night....I'm always in for a good time!



And the group of us before leaving!



No comments:

Post a Comment