Here we share the journey of a couple who has known each other for ever, has started a relationship, married on July 1, 2011 (which we shared with my grandparents 50th anniversary!). Join us as we continue our future together, raise a family, and enjoy all things life has to throw at us!

Friday, March 2, 2012

snow day!!!!

Thursday was a snow day!

I always used to get excited as a kid, yeah, no school! As an adult I still get a little excited knowing I work at a school so a snow day means, no school, no work.

Instead I invest my day in keeping busy.

I got this set of curtains made for my bedroom window at camp. Last time we were there we realized our neighbors were from Massachussets and were afraid of the dark, hence they leave every outside light on. Mind you outside my window shining in.



I got Santa put together in the bottom center of this quilt. I have had the quilt hanging on my wall for a while in pieces and it was just waiting to finish that one last block. I do need to hand sew him though and then I can get this quilt all put together.

I pulled out a quilt last week that I have been working on for 5 years. What a good day to work on getting some of those blocks done. So Sun Bonnet Sue got finished and just needs some hand sewing finishing touches.

I even made some time to go outside and play in the fresh snow! Mind you I think the dog likes playing in the snow more than I do, and I like the snow A LOT!

She was able to find her bottle buried beneath all the snow and thought she would entertain herself for a while.

I got the spare bed all set up in the spare room. The sheets are nice and clean and ready for company!

Another block complete on that long lost quilt that has been packed away for so long,

And another!

It's sad, I am just missing one more block. And thanks to my mother in law this quilt may actually get done. The last block is paper piecing and mind you I have never done that before. So I called my mother in law to see if she would be interested in finishing it. So the quilt won't have to be put back in the closet for another 5 years.

These pot holders have about had it,

So I thought I would be creative.

And I made all new pot holders!

Snow days may be fun but I always find a way to keep myself busy!

This mama even managed to get a nap in :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment